Atheros Wireless Card Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamiedx

When trying to search for Wireless networks I get an error message saying "Wireless commuication not enabled. Please enable wireless communication". Where do I do this?

Ok, well, as you have given us very little to work with, I will take a guess.

I'm assuming this is a laptop, and the 'Atheros' is an onboard wireless chipset...in which case, there is probably a switch on the side of the lappy to turn on wireless, or you need to enable it in software.

Scorp.

TerryNet

Terry
If there is not a separate switch as CS.Scorpion described, the switch may be a key combination. For example, on my Dell Inspiron the F2 key has a blue antenna icon and the Fn+F2 key combination toggles the radio on and off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!