Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

#2 ·
What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Even so....don't like the Media Center Edition and will be returning for exchange for a professional edition of HP. I have experienced enough incompatible issues and time to move on. Actually, the media center did not offer much other than viewing photos as a slideshow and watching and Buring DVD's. The Muvee feature was cute but the resolution of photos used had to be extremely large for clear playback at full screen. I can add the software I want to a "Professional" and won't have to work around the media issues.

Thanks for your opinion.

#4 ·
You might be happier with the "Home Edition" of Windows XP.

Depending on how long it's been since you purchased that computer and your reason for returning it, you may have to pay a restocking fee or take a cut in the purchase price. It all depends on your store's policy. Computer salesmen are out to make money, so you can't totally rely on them to give you a straight answer when purchasing a new computer. You'd be better off with bringing someone along who has some computer savvy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.