1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Athlon Xp 1600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by serinity, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. serinity

serinity Thread Starter

motherboard A7S333 ASUS, installed new 80g hdd with xp, problem is when it boots if it boots up for its not always the case it goes straight to bios and says the wrong cpu speed is set, tryed to find info on clock speed for xp 1600, it says it should be at 1056mhz and clock 11.0 x and clocks 1.47 mhz, only thing in bios that is different than this is the clock is set at 10.0 x i changed it to manual and put the fsb to 133mhz and clock to 11.o i still have no joy, am not really up on clock speeds or fsb speeds so could someone give me the answer?????
    sometimes the system just wont boot up to anything, i even changed the graphic card, not much help not even letting me into the bios, just a blank screen...........

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

If 8x is an option try 133 x 8. If it is not an option try 100 x 10.5.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

1600+ XP/MP 1400mhz 133fsb multiplier=10.5

multiplier 11 is used for Athlon 1700+

You'll have to clear the bios, then change the multiplier to 10.5 and the fsb to 133.

4. ranger007

ranger007

If you don't have ready access to the manual for your motherboard, visit the ASUS website to download a copy.

You might need to update your BIOS (also found at the ASUS website). If you do need to update to a newer BIOS, read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly. It's not complicated, but if something goes wrong you could really have problems.

Goood luck!

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Gotroot is right. I just checked and the 1600+ runs a 1.4 ghz. My prior post is wrong because I hadn't check the speed of the chip.
    That is what I get for not checking.

6. serinity

serinity Thread Starter

thanks for your help, did set the jumper settings on motherboard to co inside with 133mhz fsb, set multiplier to 10.5 and run 1400mhz, but to no avail, would work once or twice and same problem, wont show anything on screen, or straight to bios, would get os may be twice in a row when booting but not consistant, so problem solved i replaced mother board, thanks for your help

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice