1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI 9600xt freezes when scrolling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by softail, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softail

softail Thread Starter

I have completed a new computer using an Intel D865PERL with an ATI Radeon 9600xt video card. Everything works fine except when I scroll in a window. The video card freezes and resets itself on a regular basis, especially when in Internet Explorer. All games work fine, no problems. I've contacted ATI and tried all of their suggestions with no success. I am using an MS wireless keyboard and mouse with the Intellimouse drivers, however the problem occurs no matter what the device is, PS2 mouse, scrolling with the wheel, dragging the scroll bars, or simply using the keyboard to scroll. Microsoft says it is a driver problem. ATI can provide no further assistance. I've used the most current version of ATI's Catalyst driver (4.4), MS plug and play driver, and Omega's Catalyst driver with the same results across the board.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so found a way to solve it? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice