1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI ahci driver for SB700

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by windhost, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windhost

windhost Thread Starter

ATI/AMD had dropped support for their ahci/raid drivers for Windows 2000 in 2008. As I need to keep my W2k around to run some vintage apps, I would like to migrate it to a sata drive before my ide drive become a rarity.

I've edited the necessary parameters in the registry for the controller, but my copy of the ahcix86.sys only works for XP and Vista but not for W2k. Could anyone who still has the ahci/raid drivers for SB700 for Windows 2000 share his/her copy? Particulary if your version indicated in ahcix86.inf is older than 05/27/2008, 3.1.1540.64, then it could be the one that will work for W2k.

There was a post for the availability of the ATI drivers support for Windows 2000 in 2008 by our moderator Crjdriver. I wish he still has one for ahci and send me a copy. As a newby I can’t PM him yet.

Thanks for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice