1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI AIW 9800 Pro Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marz, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marz

Marz Thread Starter

I have an AIW 9800 Pro and I downloaded the new 7.1 Catalyst software. I followed the instructions posted on the ATI website about how to uninstall the old software. Well, it did not finish uninstalling and I had to reboot and uninstall again. I then installed the new Catalyst software and it resulted in my system to crash everytime Windows XP Pro tried to load. So, I did a system restore and XP loads, but I cannot run games or 3d sculpture programs. I have TnL error. I think that the drivers did not install correctly. Also, my boot up screen is off center, but XP loads with the right orientation. If you need more info let me know.

2. Marz

Marz Thread Starter

Should this post be moved to the Software section. I see that no one has responded.

If an admin thinks that it is best to move the thread then go ahead, please.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I have an ATI AIW 9800 Pro running version 6.5 drivers. I tried some newer versions before and had TV and audio problems so I went back to 6.5. I also do not have the Remote Wonder software installed. It caused problems with the Gemstar TV scheduling program.

4. Marz

Marz Thread Starter

I reinstalled Xp Pro and tried to start from default. The computer is not liking ATI Catalyst drivers. I installed the drivers that came with the pc and now the system locks up. I think my mobo and gfx card are incompatible or the AIW 9800 pro is just too old.

5. Marz

Marz Thread Starter

Windows Xp Pro SP2
    ATI AIW 9800 Pro
    Biostar NF325-A7 NF3-250 Mobo
    Amd A64 3400+ 2.4G
    2x 512mb Kingston HyperX Ram
    Antec DVD-RW
    2x HDD

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice