1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI *Bleep*ing Eyefinity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tech.jk, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tech.jk

tech.jk Thread Starter

Okay, here's the deal.
    I recently bought a ATI Radeon HD 5750 and 2 LCD Monitors (ASUS VH222T).
    Then i thought, hey, what's this Eyefinity thing on the box? so here's what happened:
    step 1) went and bought a displayport to HDMI Adapter (passive)
    result: didn't work. more research on the internet turned up several same results.

step 2) ordered a DisplayPort to VGA (passive) adapter off eBay.
    result: didn't work EITHER! more research on the internet. this is where it gets interesting (for need of a better word). Some people report that using a passive DP > VGA Adapter worked for them.

So i found a 19" LCD Monitor as well, and i want to connect it to my PC so i can use 3 monitors as an extended desktop (i think that's possible?). but whatever i try, i can't get it to work, unless i plug it into one of the DVI-D ports, both of which are taken by the Asus Monitors. my only option (since the HDMI is shared with one of the DVI Monitors) is to use DisplayPort.

And as far as i'm concerned, Active DP > VGA/DVI/HDMI adapters are EXPENSIVE!:eek:

so i have two options:
    1) somehow get the DisplayPort > VGA Adapter combo working
    2) can someone recommend a good monitor that has a displayport input (minimum) for under AUD$200?

As i'm not using this for eyefinity, i'm assuming that this kind of graphics card will allow me to run 3 different monitors seperately.

This is an unusually long post for me :p

any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/895749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice