1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Catalyst Control Center Error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ShaggE, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShaggE

ShaggE Thread Starter

I just installed a Radeon X1300, and reformatted my hard drive to remove a crippling virus. I got everything reinstalled and running, installed the .Net Framework 2.0, and the Catalyst drivers. But when I try to enter the Control Center, I get this:

"Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.2589.34531, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I swear this machine is against me at times...

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Did you install all the .NET framework updates before installing the Catalyst software? I'd do not only .NET 2.0 but all the .NET framework packages, 1.1 and 3.0 and then there's also Service Packs and patches to them as well.

Also, not sure if you know but Catalyst 7.2 was just released, it adds many improvements to the Control Center so make sure you've got that one.

3. ShaggE

ShaggE Thread Starter

I installed .NET Framework 2.0, and Catalyst 7.2, but I haven't tried the patches, so I'll give that a whirl later, since I'm having another problem: My sound card drivers get a "data is invalid." error upon installing :S

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What sound card do you have and what drivers are you using?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Oh, and I've found that when I do clean installs I do the .Net packages in the following order:

1). .Net Framework 1.1
    2). Any and all .Net Framework 1.1 patches
    3). .Net Framework 2.0
    4). Any and all .Net Framework 2.0 patches
    5). .Net Framework 3.0

And on a clean install I'd do ALL the Microsoft Updates.

And if I have to install the ATI drivers then I wait until all the .NET updates are done.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!