1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Catalyst Control Center Won't Install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by qhdevon43, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qhdevon43

qhdevon43 Thread Starter

Ok so Im trying to install the ATI Catalyst Control Center for my ATI 3200 HD integrated graphics card. I have windows 7 64bit ultimate installed. I download the most current ATI catalyst both the driver and the one with the driver and the ati catalyst control center... Yet when I try to install it, the driver NOR the at catalyst control center will install... I dont get any error messages at all... What should I do?

Oh yea i forgot to add that I download the ati catalyst 10.5

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you sure that you are downloading the correct driver? Make sure it is the one for your mobile card. Read the release notes.

Or get the most recent one for that model from your machine's manufacturer.

3. qhdevon43

qhdevon43 Thread Starter

Yes, Thanks, But I have downloaded this before and its worked just fine with this card... I recently had to wipe my hdd clean and install windows 7 again....

4. qhdevon43

qhdevon43 Thread Starter

i recently downloaded driver cleaner pro thinking that maybe its not installing correctly.. but I just dont know whats going on... its just not installing...dce

5. RDeFilippi

RDeFilippi

Got the same problem also with Win 7 64bit. The best I could do was installing the driver by allowing the file to decompress, cancel the install and then I used Device Manager to locate the drivers and complete the "update driver" function. I must have tried 5-6 different sites and downloaded either as one file or two seperate compressed files, the drivers and the Control Center files. Nada. What is interesting is that when I went to previous driver versions of both the 9.0 and 10.0, the same happened = drivers and Control Center would not install. This is telling me it is not ATI but maybe a recent Win 7 update that is preventing it.

6. qhdevon43

qhdevon43 Thread Starter

I solved my issue, Heres what I did...

I had to download the propriatery video drivers from support.acer.com ( I have an Acer as6530-6522 laptop) I saw that there were video drivers there from ati.. I went to install it and well the control center finally was installed on my pc... extremely weird! oh well.. no complaints though... :)

7. RDeFilippi

RDeFilippi

I tried that as well. No go. I still don't have a solution.

8. RDeFilippi

RDeFilippi

9. RDeFilippi

RDeFilippi

Here's what I did:

1. Download Driver Sweeper 2.1 found here: http://www.phyxion.net/
    2. Uninstall the ATI software (CCC+driver).
    3. Go into safe-mode and use Driver Sweeper to remove all ATI files left over and reboot.
    4. Start installation of CCC+driver package and allow the file to decompress but DO NOT continue the installation and cancel it.
    5. Go to C:/ATI/support/file name/Config and locate the file InstallManager.cfg and open it using Notepad.
    6. Go to the last line called: WorkaroundInstall and change "False" to "true" (no quotes). Now save the file.
    7. Now go to C:/ATI/support/file name and double click "setup" and perform the insatllation and voila'!
    PS: read the entire post at the link I just gave you just in case it dosen't work. Good Luck. (y)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!