1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Catalyst Drivers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TechMan97, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechMan97

TechMan97 Thread Starter

I recently downloaded the ATI Catalsy 5.6 drivers, but I'm having some issues, so I'm trying to see if reverting to an older version might help. I have two questions:

1. How can I safely uninstall the graphics card driver?

2. Where can I find older versions to download?

2. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Read the post on this page-Is my driver up to date.Post back with any problems.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Older drivers are available on ATI's site. But before installing any driver, it's a good idea to be sure you have removed the old one. ATI has an uninstaller on their site, too, for removing all ATI drivers and software, but you could also uninstall the normal way and then clean up the remaining fragments with Nasty File Remover or Driver Cleaner Pro.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Use the uninstall feature of the CAT driver. Reboot when prompted; cancel the "Found new hardware wiz" You can download previous drivers from ati's site, you will need to look around a little for them. Install the driver of your choice.

If this is an older card such as a 9000, 9500, 9700, ect, I have found the 4.12 drivers to work well. They also work better with win2k than the newer drivers.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

And don't install the new drivers that contain the Control Center unless you have .NET installed and a card newer than a 9200.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/378259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice