ATI Catalyst

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Inka

When I turned on my computer there was a new icon that said 'ATI Catalyst', What is this and why did it suddenly appear? I also got a new warning that a new program was starting up.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
After searching it appears that ATI Catalyst are video card drivers .....

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Good question, I take it you are seeing this icon on your desktop? have you clicked on it to see what happens ?

Triple6

Rob
Someone must have installed the new ATI drivers. The ATI Catalyst Control Center allows you to change and preview video card settings easily. By default it creates an icon on your desktop.

Is it possible that you have a program that is allowing automatic updating of components? :confused:

Rollin

You most likely got the latest drivers for your ati card. Catalyst control center is bundled with it and it lets you change some more graphic settings than usual. I always use it when i play games, i can increase the gamma very easily.

Inka

I believe that I have to ok any new updates but maybe I did it and was unaware. Thanks to everyone who answered

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online