1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Catalyst

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Inka, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Inka

Inka Thread Starter

When I turned on my computer there was a new icon that said 'ATI Catalyst', What is this and why did it suddenly appear? I also got a new warning that a new program was starting up.

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

After searching it appears that ATI Catalyst are video card drivers .....

3. Inka

Inka Thread Starter

but why would it suddenly appear on my desktop?

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Good question, I take it you are seeing this icon on your desktop? have you clicked on it to see what happens ?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Someone must have installed the new ATI drivers. The ATI Catalyst Control Center allows you to change and preview video card settings easily. By default it creates an icon on your desktop.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Is it possible that you have a program that is allowing automatic updating of components? :confused:

Rollin

7. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

You most likely got the latest drivers for your ati card. Catalyst control center is bundled with it and it lets you change some more graphic settings than usual. I always use it when i play games, i can increase the gamma very easily.

8. Inka

Inka Thread Starter

I believe that I have to ok any new updates but maybe I did it and was unaware. Thanks to everyone who answered

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice