Ati drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jozzareid

Hi i have a second computer running xp,with a ati radeon 9200,and recently, after boot up the screen started adjusting itself(rotated slightly,or moved off the monitor). I tried to reinstall the drivers, but on boot up now, when it gets to windows the screen shuts down every time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Josh

Start it in safe mode and remove the drivers. Sadly if safe mode isn't booting it is most likely the card itself.

You could try reseating the card, try another card etc.

jozzareid

I've tried running it in safe mode already, no success. i also tried using another graphics card, but still the same problem. The radeon 9200 also works in another computer.

Triple6

Rob
Have you tried Last Known Good or VGA Mode from the Windows boot menu?

jozzareid

tried last known good config. and nothing, not sure how to select vga mode?tried new monitor, which shows signal over range.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online