1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ati HD6970 nvidia equivalent?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ishamm, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishamm

ishamm Thread Starter

i'm looking to sell my sapphire hd5870 and upgrade to a hd6970, but was looking at comparisons and it seems nvidia have some cards at lower prices with comparable/more power. i know nothing about nvidia cards snce i got rid of a 8500gt years ago, can anyone shed some light on comparable cards or which (card) is better? i have had no real issues with ati, so am reluctant to change unless there is any large advantage to nvidia. thanks

2. ishamm

ishamm Thread Starter

some PC Specs incase theyre helpful:

intel i5-750 @3.2ghz
    corsair Domminator Ram 4gb
    asus p7h57d-v evo
    800Wpsu
    pretty well cooled case

3. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

Gtx 570 i wud say 580 isin a league of its own

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice