1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ati hdmi output icon missing - no surround sound!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sweetsistersadie, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetsistersadie

sweetsistersadie Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire laptop.
    Playback devices show SPEAKERS - Real Tek High Definition Audio.

The computer will not play surround sound when plugged into my SMART TV. The HDMI output is not disconnected or disabled.

I think it is a driver problem. I recently reinstalled my sound drivers and now have a problem playing off this laptop onto the TV via an HDMI cable (movies, You tube,etc.) My other laptop wrks fine and the ATI HDMI output icon is alive and well

I have been screwing around with this problem for close to 3 hours and despite researching this on the Intenet, I cannot find a solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice