ATI icon in system tray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chab

Recently D/L ATI driver Catalyst 3.10. An ATI icon placed itself in the system tray and I cannot remove it. Any ideas?

Chuck

dustyjay

Jay
on the start menu go to run type in "msconfig" (without quotes) go to startup, and deselect the atiptaxx entry. then click apply close. then reboot your system. everything will still work from the programs menu but will not start up when booting up

chab

Thanks. It worked. I also unchecked a couple of other things that don't need to be loaded on startup. When I rebooted I got a message saying the system was in diagnostic mode and I should return to the Startup tab and undo the changes. What is that about?

Thanks,

Chuck

dustyjay

Jay
HAppens evertime you change something in msconfig. Unless of course you restart everything it thinks you need but really dont. Just check the box that says dont show this at startup or words to that effect

chab

Roger that one. And thank you for the help...All working well now.

Chuck

crjdriver

If you open the ati control panel, there is an option to display or not to display the icon.

BTW the 4.1s are out; you might want to check out the newest driver. I just installed it this afternoon and everything seems to be working fine. Same score in 3DMark03.

chab

Many thanks to all who helped me out with this one.

Chuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online