1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Mach 64 family display adaptor not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by susieq999, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. susieq999

susieq999 Thread Starter

After doing a complete restore on my 5170 computer, I am only getting 2 bit and 16 bit colors. Error says ATI Mach 64 family display adaptor not found. How come I am not getting all my original colors? I already tried to update the driver, but still get the same error. Isn't my original drivers on that restore disc? Please help. Thanks. Sue

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi susieq,

You will have to insert the restore disk and when ask by Windows where to look for the drivers, Browse the Restore CD until you find them and install from there.

Good luck and Welcome to the forum.

Spaceman

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

What does the top of the restore disk say? Some read drivers not included. What's the model of your computer? You should be able to go to the manufacturer's website, key in the model or serial number and find what you need.

4. susieq999

susieq999 Thread Starter

Thanks for the nice welcome. The top of my restore disk says Quick Restore Compaq Presario Model 5170 Personal Computer. I will try browsing the restore disk. Seems strange though, because I did a complete restore, because of a bad virus I got in it. I even updated the driver from Compaq, but still get error DL_Video.DLL and under 3D Rage LT Pro, Device Status: "Windows will attempt to restart without checking your computors hardware." Thanks. Sue

5. TOGG

TOGG

susieq999,

There is a free utility that might help you find the correct drivers. It's called AIDA32 from here;http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

AIDA interrogates your system and produces all the available details on the hardware and software (some components don't have any information coded into them), usually with links to the makers websites.

If you decide to try AIDA it might be an idea not to use the latest 'preview' version but to go for the December 2002 version instead.

It is a straightforward program to run and, if your video card can be identified, full details should be provided in the 'Display' section or in the 'Computer' Summary.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!