Ati Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BAM

some one told me that fastwrite should be off on ati cards. shall iturn it off and what does fastwrite do ??

You can enable fast writes on certain radeons, but it is not reckoned to give mush of a perfromance boost (supposed to seed up some GPU functions like buffering textures ) and can lead to instability, not just with ATI cards, it also is not compatible with certain motherboard chipsets.

BAM

zeddy said:
You can enable fast writes on certain radeons, but it is not reckoned to give mush of a perfromance boost (supposed to seed up some GPU functions like buffering textures ) and can lead to instability, not just with ATI cards, it also is not compatible with certain motherboard chipsets.
so its better to keep it off ??

BAM

do you get better performance if itis on/off ?

I would suggest if you want to try it run 3dmark with it off and then with it on and see what the difference is.

Fastlane247

It's My Birthday!
How do i turn off fastwrite.... should i do it in bios aswell as in the windows propeties?? thanks

Go to the smartgart box on your advanced display properties - it should show you there if its enabled or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online