ATI Radeon 2100 + Technika 22-212S = Black Bars/Box Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thefunkout

Tommy
Hey everyone! Im having a problem which is becoming REALLY annoying.

A friend of mine gave me a screen he was no longer using as he couldn't bare me to continue using the little 15" I was using prior. The new screen works just fine as a TV etc however for use with the Windows Machine, I have these issues....

Once removing the old screen (VGA Input) and replacing with the Technika 22-212s TV (HD cable) the output is somewhat blurry & big. The output on the screen also displays a black box surrounding my desktop. I tried adjusting the resolution but it does not give me many options and the only time choose an option that actually fully fits the screen, all the text and graphics turn really weird and i can't make them out.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing some of the AMD Catalyst Control Centre software which once installed, only shows options and information about my CPU & not the Display info & settings I had hoped for to ideally obtain a better resolution to fill the screen and to sharpen the image.

I tried using the remote to atleast ZOOM in via the Aspect Ratio settings and it simply won't allow me to do it, won't even select these options.

I really want to use this screen, can someone please help?

thefunkout

Tommy
I didnt actually say which resolution I was using, ive tried a couple in the "List All Modes" section of the Properties. One thing i have noticed is where I can click said button to list all modes, the window is named "Generic PnP Monitor and ATI Radeon 2100 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)" so this may actually be down to the Driver I have not being the best one and simply the standard Plug and Play Driver.

OverTallman

Jacky
I didnt actually say which resolution I was using, ive tried a couple in the "List All Modes" section of the Properties. One thing i have noticed is where I can click said button to list all modes, the window is named "Generic PnP Monitor and ATI Radeon 2100 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)" so this may actually be down to the Driver I have not being the best one and simply the standard Plug and Play Driver.
That'll depend on which Windows version you're using. With your particular graphics chip (Radeon 2100 IGP), AMD has drivers for Windows XP up to 8. To install this driver in Windows 10 you'll need to manually update the driver in Device Manager.

thefunkout

Tommy
That'll depend on which Windows version you're using. With your particular graphics chip (Radeon 2100 IGP), AMD has drivers for Windows XP up to 8. To install this driver in Windows 10 you'll need to manually update the driver in Device Manager.
Funny you say that I just started doing this after i wrote back to you, windows keeps trying to install the standard driver so ive currently prevented it from doing so in gpedit.msc and rebooting now do a manual install

thefunkout

Tommy
Very very strange, ive downloaded the driver files and trying to install them now manually via Device Manager and its telling me that "Windows could not find driver software for your device", hmmmmm

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Depending on what hardware(motherboard, processor, power supply, etc.) you have in your desktop, you might consider getting a newer and better graphic card for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

thefunkout

Tommy
Right, so i finally managed to get the correct driver to install fully and the screen is still an issue, no matter what resolution I set it at it just looks crap, is this an issue with the screen or my onboard graphics?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The resolution you need to be using is 1366x768 according to the specs, this will indeed make things big and probably blurry as it's a low resolution and also because some TV's make awful computer monitors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online