1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Radeon 9100 driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pmwh, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pmwh

Pmwh Thread Starter

I purchased a computer a year or two ago. It has an ASUS A7N8X mother board and it also came with a Radeon 9100 video card (running Windows XP PRO). 6 months later, I purchased another computer and asked that it be identical to the first. However, there have been issues with the video card on the second machine that the first one never has experienced.

I asked the computer builder about the video card driver, because the ATI site did not have any info on it. They said the 9100 series was built by someone who purchased soem technology from ATI and put ATI on the card. (Even the installation CD points to ATI info and web site.) My distributor sent me to http://www.cptech.com.tw/powercolor/web/notice.htm to look for a driver. I did not have much luck.

Someone else worked on the computer and installed the latest driver. I don't know where they got it, but there are still a lot of weird graphical problems. When I compare the driver info of the two machines, here is what I come up with:

Machine 1: version 6.14.1.3607 2/28/2003
    Machine 2: version 6.14.10.6396 9/30/2003

I have hunted all over for old drivers. I can not find any that specify the Radeon 9100 or even 9000 series. What I do know is the the older driver works on the first machine. Everything else is suppose to be identical so getting the same driver on the second machine should fix the problem (maybe). Is there a clean way to copy the driver from the first machine to the second machine?

2. zeddy

zeddy

You should try installing the catalyst driver suite from the ATI site, its now version 4.4, this is a univeral driver for ATI cards and you should download the one for the radeon family and winXP OS. Just follow its instructions and it should install OK.

If you are worried about this, then do a system restore before applying the new driver then you can roll back to the old one if there is a problem.

3. Pmwh

Pmwh Thread Starter

Thanks. Simple solution. I had actually downloaded this driver, but was afraid to install it because it did not list support for ths specific card.

4. zeddy

zeddy

Glad to hear its solved

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice