1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Radeon 9200 Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IgneousPrime, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

Hey all! How do I turn off Z-Buffer on my ATI Radeon 9200 card? I heard turning off Z-Buffer would increase performance in games and thats what I need :(

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

First off.....
    why do you feel that turning off z-buffer is going to make things faster?

We need to know more info about your system. Let us know whatcha got hardware wise and what operating system your running. That would greatly help everyone here in helping you. Just tweaking one feature doesnt exactly mean your going to get more performance. There's to many other things to consider that also apply as well.

Plus what game are you trying to play that's bogging your system?

Rockinmale:cool:

3. IgneousPrime

SOrry about that. I just heard from someone that turning off Z-Buffer would increase performance in games. Any game I run is slow, maybe it's my video card? I have to put all of the settings to LOW for no lag, sometimes I get a little. I have:

Dell Dimension 4400
    1.9 GHZ Intel Pentium 4
    2 x 256 DDR SDRAM = 512 DDR SDRAM
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    ATI Radeon 9200
    Maxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
    250 watt Power Supply
    16x DVD Drive
    Cable modem (3000/256) Cox Cable
    17" Dell E771a Monitor
    Windows XP Home Edition

If you need more info. lemme know. And give me some tips on making my games run faster :) Thanks.

4. rockinmale

rockinmale

Your system isnt too shabby as of yet. You shouldnt have any problems running any games out now.

First thing would be to do some housecleaning and remove all unused programs you dont use anymore. Then run a complete defragmentation of the system. A poorly defragged hard drive will make the system work harder to find the data it needs. Next make sure your running the most current video drivers out. I just downloaded the new catalyst 3.7 drivers last week.ATI Drivers

Next just to be sure your system is clean from any nasty spyware. I would download a program called
    Spybot search and destroy. Install and run this program. Before scanning make sure you download the new updates.

Try these out first and let us know what happens....
    Good luck and take care
    rockinmale:cool:

5. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

search for RADEONATOR at google.ca

and i think u can turn if off there

i have it on my other computer so i cant see rite now

6. IgneousPrime

First off, I'm pretty good with computers and I ALWAYS clean it,every single day,lol. I use System Mechanic, Ad-Aware, Spybot, jv Powetools, defrag, etc etc. I tried looking for the Radeonator program thing but all I can find is sites that are French and German that have them. I also can't find the link anywhere. I searched for it on google.com

7. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

8. IgneousPrime

Oh thanks. However, I'm saving up to get a Radeon 9600 Pro, so I'll just wait :) Thanks anyway.

9. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

there is no diference between the two save your money and dont waste it

lol we have the same homer thing.. lol

10. IgneousPrime

No difference? What do you mean No Difference? A 9200 and a 9600 Pro have a huge difference. Higher Clockrate and stuff. I also heard that a 9600 Pro can overclock really well on it's heatsink.

11. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

o and i tried the enabling z-buffer and it crashed the computer...lol

12. IgneousPrime

lol! Nice one.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice