1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ati radeon 9800 pro problems ....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joshwalker, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joshwalker

joshwalker Thread Starter

ive been playin call of duty for a long while now with my ati radeon 9500 pro. i recenty got the 9800 pro and its extremly laggy. also, i have updated drivers... so whats the problem. i have an hp 512 mb 60 gb

2. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

What do you mean by laggy? Like as in choppy? and is this the only game that does this? Is it an online game? If so what is your ping? YOu can also check your FPS; see what they are and let me know. PLUS has it always been "laggy"? If not when did it start happening?
    :)

3. joshwalker

joshwalker Thread Starter

yes choppy. it hasnt always done this and its the only game i play so i dont know about others. and it does in sp and mp. i have dsl and i know its not my connection. its something with teh card. it worked fine with my 9500 pro. but it messed up with the 9800 pro

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Did you remove the drivers before you changed the card? Also before shutting down did you remove the 9500 from device manager?

That is the order which you should do it. I had a 9800XT and an X800XT both showing in device manager for a few minutes because I did backasswards. That is why I asked.;)

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    And make sure the power connector to the side of the card is connected, I've been informed that some cards will run without it but not perform up to spec.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice