1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI RAdeon Xpress 200 series video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Iron_Dragon, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Iron_Dragon

Iron_Dragon Thread Starter

I hope no one minds if I piggy back on this thread, but I have a ATI RAdeon Xpress 200 series video card and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy a new, better card. My friend came over and said that it would be a good idea to buy a new one.

I am a computer novice, and not sure if my card is decent, or if it is something I should seriously consider. If I should could anyone give me the name a few good, somewhat affordable cards. That would be much appreciated.

(first post and didn't read the FAQ's so hope I'm not doing anything wrong)

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

That is a really bad card...

3. KHH0725

KHH0725

Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately the card is on the notebook's motherboard, and can't be replaced.
    Toshiba and Epson ought to get together and figure out if an upgraded driver could fix the problem. Maybe the only solution is to replace the 1-1/2 year old Toshiba Satellite, an otherwise OK machine.

I've ordered s-video cables to connect the notebook with the projector's S-video or RCA-plug connections to see if that might correct the problem. That may not work, but it's worth a try.

The attachment shows an image of the screen projection.

Attached Files:

4. tony oh

tony oh

I used to have one.
    It's the integrated with mobo version of the ati x300.
    It actually ran Halo and fable and even .. you won't believe this ... company of heroes on low settings.

What is it you want to do as I'm sure it's fine for somethings.

Have you tried the new drivers from ATI.... if all you are looking to do is projection work it should be powerful enough to do that as it had no problems with DVD.

But beyond using a wizard to do the set up I have no experience with this line of thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/611460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice