ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drnoodles2

I recently purchased an HP zv6007 with a 128MB ATI Radeon Xpress 200M -PCI Express video card. I have few questions regarding its ability to be upgraded.

In the future, will I be able to swap the chip because of its PCI Express nature? Basically, are notebook PCI Express slots upgradable?

Also, I believe that my AMD Athlon 64 3200 is a full-sized chip. Will I be able to change to a more powerful processor if needed?

Thank you for any assistance.

drnoodles2 (not my real name)

Don't think I would worry about upgrading right away thats a very nice graphics for a laptop.I have Radeon Xpress 200 series as onboard graphics on my PC.Was thinking of upgrading but it has preformed well so far...Your laptop seems to have "
What Is an ExpressCard?
An ExpressCard is a next-generation, high-performance PC Card.
Like standard PC Cards, ExpressCards are designed to conform
to the standard specifications of the Personal Computer Memory
Card International Association (PCMCIA).
An ExpressCard cannot be used in standard PC Card slot. An
ExpressCard slot is available on select models.
Selecting an ExpressCard
ExpressCards use one of 2 interfaces and are available in 2 sizes.
The ExpressCard slot supports both interfaces and both sizes. For
example, you can use
■ An ExpressCard with either a USB interface or a PCI Express
interface.
■ A full-size ExpressCard, called ExpressCard/54 1, or a
smaller ExpressCard, called ExpressCard/34 2.
The ExpressCard procedures described in the following sections
are the same for both interfaces and both sizes. " So it looks like you have some upgrade-ability

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online