1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI TV Wonder550(wonder how to make it work!)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by truebeliever7, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truebeliever7

truebeliever7 Thread Starter

Where to start well I guess I can say I know just enough to get myself in trouble. A friend talked me into upgrading my tv card because I would have trouble it from time to time so I got the ati card. needless to say I cant get it to work right. I believe it is conflicting with something else possible the graphic card I am really not sure. when it does fire up the sound can be choppy and the picture and sound locks up. other times when it does fire up it works fairly well, but then other times when trying to fire it up it says tv function not aviable. so I really dont know what to do. I was on the phone with an ati tech and he did everything he knew to do, then told me to try it in another machine. ?? what good will that do me? if anyone has any ideas please let me know. my only recourse is to send it back and try and get my money back.
    just a little info the motherboard has a onboard graphic card but my friend supposedly disabled it. I dont know if it is a ram issue or the two graphic cards working against each other.

any ideas will greatly appreciate.

p.s. homemade machine - running windows xp pro, pc chips motherboard,amd 1800+ proscessor, 1 gig of ram.
    asus v9400 graphics card(v9400-x/td/128/a), ati tv wonder 550 tv card. lite on dvd burner and cd burner. Hanns-g hw191d lcd monitor.
    motherboard has onboard graphic but needed more umph! so added the v9400. supposedly disabled onboard card. dont really know enough to know if that is conflicting with other things.

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

The tech wants you to try it in another machine to determine if the card is at fault or the computer. Swapping it out would be a good idea so you know it is a good card.

3. truebeliever7

truebeliever7 Thread Starter

Ok I'll give that a try, I am hesitant to do that just because the tech told me that when I load the software for the card it is suppose to load the multimedia software also but it doesnt he said that is usually evidence of a conflict somewhere. I had to go browse the cd to find the install program and even then I had some problems.
    by the way how is beautiful b.c.? I lived in williams lake b.c. for a short time it is magnificent country.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice