1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Video Card Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Airesz, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airesz

Airesz Thread Starter

I have a Windows Xp Computer that has started having issues. The other day I bought a game Spotlight Fever I installed on my computer. I tried to play it when I noticed it would not play. I found out it was the video card that was installed. I pulled an ATI Radeon 9200 series PCI 128MB from another computer and put it into the computer I wanted to play the game and that is when this current issue came up. After an hour or so my came freezes I hear repeating sound from the game and then I see the same message you see on my monitor when you shut down your computer (Please Check Your Video Connection).

I have put the old card back in and played a game I could play with that card and nothing happens the games I am able to play run ok.

Can anyone tell me what could be going on?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

It sounds like to me that the ATI Radeon is not compatible with the game.

3. Airesz

Airesz Thread Starter

With that card installed all games come to that point.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/568237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice