1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI Video Card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Greggis, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greggis

Greggis Thread Starter

I have an ATI video card which has an AV in which I'm trying to get to work so I can take my VCR tapes and make them into DVDs, however I can't even get the card to see any imput that I give it. Any ideas on why this may be happening?

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

What sort of A/V inputs do you have? If you have Composite and/or coax cable, you can use those to hook your VCR to your computer.

In order to view, however, you need to have some sort of capture software on your computer. If you have XP os, then you can use Movie Maker. You just need to adjust the settings in Movie Maker to capture from the VCR device.

Hope this helps,

MBN

3. Greggis

Greggis Thread Starter

I have both coax and composite inputs, and I also have 3 different pieces of capturing software that I've been trying, however it won't let me select any type of video settings on any of the programs, not even windows movie maker. Could it be a driver problem? The outputs work just fine, but neither the coax nor the composite inputs work.

4. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Using MovieMaker 2 (this works specifically for the upgrad, not the MM1), when you choose Capture from Video Device, on the left hand side, a dialog box appears, on the middle right side of this box is a dropdown marked Video Input Source. If you are trying to capture from VCR, this should be set to TV Tuner.

But even easier would be just using the TV that ATI provides. Does the TV work? If you have your VCR connected via coax, just put a tape in the VCR and hit Play, now go to your TV application, open it up, and change to channel 3. You should see your video playing.

If you don't, you may have a driver/hardware problem.
    Hope this helps,

MBN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/204873