1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI vs Nvidia video cards?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hillian, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

alotted $500,i am to choose a video card. Now one friend says go ATI another says go Nvidia. I want at least a 256mb but if i get a 256 i want it to be good. I do have SLI on my mobo. I did read that SLI isnt THAT great unless you have super mega cards. DO i go with an SLI feature(2 cards) or stay with oen card?I'd like to have a 512mb but really good but i jsut don't have $800 to spend on a video card. So do i go with one card or two cards. and next to that: do i go with an ATI or a Nvidia?

KEEP IN MIND I'M QUITE A GAMER,have 2 PCIE 16X slots on my mobo(NO AGP), and i shop www.newegg.com for all my pc stuff!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hola. I'm posting here so that I can follow along :D

I'm a HUGE ATI fan, but can't wait to see what the gamers have to say :D

3. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

YAY! a fan or video cards! haha Im just really curious also cause alot of people say ATI will break the 10000 mark sumtiem late in 05(soon). They have the 7800's out rite now which are EXPENSIVE?! I guess a video card for a gamer is his love and his lady :p

Also feel free to follow on my other post about Memory Opinions!

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Yeah, I saw that one too............have no worthwhile input there either :D

5. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest

well just one comment i can make is that the amount of memory on the video card is not the sole indicator of performance. there are sometimes cards with 256 mb ram that can do better than one with 512, so at least don't let that be your only indicator.
    im an nvidia fan, but only because they are the ones i've used, and it always has worked for me. also i've heard if you have AMD chip , stick to ATI??? i dont know if there is truth in that, some smarter person will have to comment ;)

6. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

ATI and AMD go hand and hand then?

7. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

In the total non-sequitur department, NVidia has much better Linux support than ATI.

8. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

9. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest

a real nvidia fanboy :D

10. pugmug

pugmug Banned

ATI/NVIDIA-AMD/INTEL, what a great thing free enterprise is.

11. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest

oh what with all of our FOUR choices lol

12. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

ALL FOUR....noooooooo....NOT ALL FOUR CHOICES! MUST BE THE END OF THE WORLD! HAHA-sorry i really needed some humor and this place is great for sarcastic remarks!

13. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Better four than none and the price sky high.lol

14. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest

imagine if M$ dominated the cpu, mobo, ram and otherwise all hardware sector GAHHH

15. Hillian

Hillian Thread Starter

haha goooood point, we really honestly don't need M$ as a monopoly tho i think there's laws against that...but hell afterall it is M$!....anymore suggestions bout the video card. I am seriously liking the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143029 card tho i do just have enough to purchase oen card right now...read the reviews on it and tell me what everyone thinks bout that card compared to the 7800gtx or the 6800 ultra's

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice