1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATI X1300 snafu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bs953, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bs953

bs953 Thread Starter

Ok here is one for you, this EXACT same card ATI X1300 was in my Dell 755, 4 gigs of ram dual core. This Dell I am messing with is an Inspiron 531 6 gigs of ram dual core. BOTH run w 8.1 64 bit. .

The 755 as late as last week had this EXACT card EXACT same adapter that funny dvi to dual VGA out. I hade one VGA going to my main monitor and #2 going to my TV (cause I use a sling box for my tv via wifi) worked perfect zero issues. I normally would use Mozilla for the TV portion, because I could make it open on the tv instead of sliding it over. NOW I have duplicate displays and cant 'slide' things over to the second monitor...TV is not in the loop anymore. When I run ID in display setting(s) I get #1 one on both monitors, no dual display options.......and I am stuck with the damn Microsnot standard driver which I know is the issue. When I try to manually install the x3100 drivers I get the not compatible crud. When I try load legacy ATI in the proper mode I get "you must be in admin mode to run this program' I even did the command prompt (net user Administrator /active:yes) command successful. I am also an admin on this computer. The reason I was using the 755 is because my baby after 5 years died and is in computer heaven while I do my rebuild...so I don't know chew on that for a beer or two. Thanx

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice