1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATT. f22[1].exe which is a self extracting file is a virus!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by techwizard, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techwizard

techwizard Thread Starter

Just for all of you who are having problems with viruses, I get some malware.TROJ_IMISERV.C when I scan C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\85IFGPAV with www.housecall.antivirus.com. I tried running a full scan on my computer, I get this message, "housecall has found and cleaned a malware.TROJ_IMISERV.C". "Please reboot your computer to completely clean the trojan". Now I've restarted my computer, and then it came up as clean. Untill I found this file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\85IFGPAV\f22[1].exe, when I tried opening the folder using winrar, I got some suspicious files so I scanned them and Then I got the same message. "housecall has found and cleaned a malware.TROJ_IMISERV.C" "Please reboot your computer to completely clean the trojan". I imagine that if somebody searches any of this online, it might help him, which is the reason I posted this.

Note: the files in the C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\85IFGPAV\f22[1].exe, which is a "GSfx Archive - Cabinet Self-Extractor" has the following files in it. app.exe, autoexec.bat, config.sys, dict.bat, expirins.sys, ip.sys, rimix.exe, settings.sys, surce.exe, tool.sys, trust.exe, update.exe, user.bat, winsows.sys.

2. mimo2005

mimo2005

this file Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\85IFGPAV\f22[1].exe doesnt look suspicious for you !!!!!
    i wont even try to open it ,anything in temp ,is for delete !
    one more thing winrar ,use it to open files that finishes with extensions :rar.tar.and zip , and not absolutely not an exe ending extension file .
    be cautious is the word ,if you wanna keep your machine running good .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!