1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[email protected] conversion to attbi.com slowing down e-mail?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Whinyguy, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whinyguy

Whinyguy Thread Starter

When Excite.com when belly up and cut off the AT&T @home broadband customers, AT&T converted to a new server - the attbi.com address. However since that happened we have noticed significant slowdown in bringing up the dialog boxes when retrieving e-mails in the in-boxes or even when clicking on New Mail (i.e. trying to create a new e-mail). Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Rockn

Rockn

When our cable company offered cable internet service @home was the reason I steered clear with all the problems they were having initially. I woulld imagine it's due to some sort of switchover that is going on and if you are indeed a cable subscriber you share bandwidth with everyone else in your neighborhood on cable. I will stay with DSL thank you.

3. Whinyguy

Whinyguy Thread Starter

No one else out in my part of the country experiencing this problem?

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Have you called ATT to see if they are aware of any problems with their mailservers?

BTW, any slow down in your mail certainly isn't due to sharing bandwidth. Your still sharing with the same people in the neighborhood after the conversion, as you were prior to it.

5. Whinyguy

Whinyguy Thread Starter

Haven't done that yet. I wanted to first establish that the problem isn't only on my end. If others are having the same issue I know that I need to contact them.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice