1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

attaching files in outlook 2000 sr-1

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nlnagrant, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nlnagrant

nlnagrant Thread Starter

here's a question for y'all... i'm attaching a file in outlook 2000 sr-1 and sometimes it attaches directly into the message (wherever my cursor happens to be), and sometimes it attaches at the bottom of the message under a line/page break. i want it to attach at the bottom under the line/page break because when it attaches the other way, i find that the recipient doesn't receive the attachment. i can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to behave the way i'd like it to - it seems to be indiscriminate. it's driving me a bit mad. any suggestions?

2. Sponsor

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

How is the message being sent - plain text, rich text or html. Pretty sure that makes a difference.

4. nlnagrant

nlnagrant Thread Starter

hi bob! thanks for replying. i have outlook set up for rich text. do you think that's what the problem is?

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Just as a test you might try switching to plain text. It is also the most universally accepted configuration.

6. nlnagrant

nlnagrant Thread Starter

that was it! thank you so much!!! (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/254947