1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

attaching files to Outlook Express 6 or any of my Web Mail crashes browser.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by justjessie, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justjessie

justjessie Thread Starter

I have XP with service pak 3 with IE 8.0 with plenty of memory and disk space. Everything is completely updated also.
    As soon as I click on the browse button to attach an email, my program just freezes or a message that IE or Firefox has shutdown and will reopen in a new tab.. This happens in Outlook Express and all my web mail, too. With Outlook Express I can go as far as clicking on "insert/file attachment" and the whole program just vanishes and I'm back on my desktop.
    I've tried reinstalling IE 8 and also intalled Firefox, too, and still have the same results. At the same time this problem appeared, Notepad and one of the graphics programs I use won't let me save without crashing. They just vanish!
    I have so many programs on this computer that I wouldn't begin to know where to start but I have disabled all my browser add ons and accelerators and all my startup programs running in the background also. I also emptied the Temp. Internet file, etc. and reset my browser to it's default settings and still get the same reults.
    I have my email scanning turned off with my anti virus software and I get no results for virus's or spyware with that or my spyware programs.
    I have googled and Binged for days trying to find someone with simalur symptons to no avail. Everything was working fine for the last 4 years until about a month ago. (That's how long I've been searching for an answer). Please.....someone, help!

PS: just found out that I can't click on browse in order to put a profile pic in for this site either! It just freezes and I have to start up the Windows task manager to end task which crashes Internet Explorer. What next???

2. Amuzan

Amuzan

while reading my emails in outlook express, a pop up massage came asking me to compress my mails and clicked oky but now i need to see my mails back in the in box folder.
    thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice