Attaching files to Web mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xxltall

Can anyone please tell me where the Attach function for Web mail is controlled in IE Version 6 or in Windows XP? Whenever I try to attach a file to my Web mail -- I have accounts with Yahoo and Onebox -- the file is attached inline with the e-mail. I don't want this. I want my recipients to see a separate file and to choose whether to open it or save it.

I don't have this problem when I use Outlook Express. Attached files are sent separately, as I want.

Brooks

That would be controlled on your recipients end.

For instance, if I send a message to myself from my onebox account and look at it with Mozilla, it is viewed inline. If I look at it in Outlook it is a seperate file that I have to click on.

If the recipient is using Yahoo, they will recieve it inline same with onebox. They will also have the option of downloading the attachment.

I cannot find an option in either one of those to change that.

xxltall

Thanks, Brooks, but no cigar. My recipients are also seeing my attachments inline after I corrupted and restored my XP system. All the changes in status quo have been on my side.

(I don't know what Mozilla is, but I've looked at the Onebox mail I've sent to myself in Onebox, and I've looked at the Yahoo mail I've sent to myself in Yahoo. I asked one of my recipients to send himself Onebox e-mail with an attachment, and he saw the attachment as a separate file.)

xxltall

The villain is IE! I downloaded Netscape Communicator on a hunch, used it, and the attach problem went away. There may be no problem if IE is sending to Netscape or vice versa, but IE-to-IE always brings out the attach bug.

you may also want to use netscape messenger mail... import the setup for OE to it & receive your mail there .

When you are browsing in Netscape the bottom right edge iof the window has several icons... one is messenger mail... then you have Netscape Messenger on a separate icon as well

To keep things safer in netscape messenger go to edit, preferences. The go to advance and hightlight it. On the right side uncheck the java for mail and news groups.
You may need to turn it on to save attachments from others that use Outlook.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online