Attachment Attacks!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mebegina

Constant attacks!! We all download various things from the Internet, some of us more than others, ha-ha. When downloading there are numerous "other" downloads wrapped into things that are not visible to the eye. But they are there!! My question to the brains out there...Is there anyway to keep the download intact that you actually want while finding what is attached to it and remove ONLY those things? When I view what is in the download the "others" are not there, they have landed elsewhere on the drive. I know they are there, I just can't find them.
Thanks!
(the term 'brains' is used with the utmost respect)

Easiest way is to stay away from pr0n :D

Or...run an updated Antivirus and firewall, as well as an antispyware program or two. Spybot and AdAware are nice, and free. And don't run executables unless you are sure you know what they are.

mebegina

WOW, fast reply, thanks!
Single mom with two kids, p*rn IS a four letter word here, not the issue. More of types like download of screen savers, then TONS of --come to our site for more savers-- or download of utility software. Once again --come to our site for more. Then when I search for words from those sites within my computer, they have attached themselves from the screen saver or utility sites that I downloaded from and there affiliates. Definately more than a pop up problem I think.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online