1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Attachment Attacks!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mebegina, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mebegina

mebegina Thread Starter

Constant attacks!! We all download various things from the Internet, some of us more than others, ha-ha. When downloading there are numerous "other" downloads wrapped into things that are not visible to the eye. But they are there!! My question to the brains out there...Is there anyway to keep the download intact that you actually want while finding what is attached to it and remove ONLY those things? When I view what is in the download the "others" are not there, they have landed elsewhere on the drive. I know they are there, I just can't find them.
    Thanks!
    (the term 'brains' is used with the utmost respect)

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Easiest way is to stay away from pr0n :D

Or...run an updated Antivirus and firewall, as well as an antispyware program or two. Spybot and AdAware are nice, and free. And don't run executables unless you are sure you know what they are.

3. mebegina

mebegina Thread Starter

WOW, fast reply, thanks!
    Single mom with two kids, p*rn IS a four letter word here, not the issue. More of types like download of screen savers, then TONS of --come to our site for more savers-- or download of utility software. Once again --come to our site for more. Then when I search for words from those sites within my computer, they have attached themselves from the screen saver or utility sites that I downloaded from and there affiliates. Definately more than a pop up problem I think.

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

This Program will probably clean up a lot of the junk.

If there still seems to be more, you could get Hijack This and post the log from it, that might help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice