Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachment based on cell value in a excel email macro

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  draceplace 
#1 ·
Hy guys

2nd time i am posting stuff for help, and as i was helped before i will again look forward the response.

I have a file of excel, in which i am sending emails to different candidates of admission, with scan letter placed in the same folder by name.

I want to edit this code, which could select attachment based on Column A list adjacent to the email address

I am attaching the file also pasting the code

Sub Test1()
'For Tips see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/winmail/Outlook/tips.htm
'Working in Office 2000-2013
Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object
Dim strbody As String
Dim SigString As String
Dim Signature As String
Dim cell As Range

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

On Error GoTo cleanup
For Each cell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants)
If cell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" And _
LCase(Cells(cell.Row, "C").Value) = "yes" Then

Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

strbody = "We at Graduate School of Engineering Sciences and Information Technology are extremely pleased to know that you have selected Hamdard University as preferred choice for your graduate/post-graduate Studies. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Hamdard University is a pioneer Higher Education Institute (HEI) of Karachi producing Masters and PhDs in the fields of Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Energy and Environment since 1997. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Graduate School of Engineering Sciences and Information Technology (GSESIT) at the Faculty of Engineering Sciences and Technology (FEST), Hamdard University (HU), prepares students to meet the challenges of contemporary world with confidence and success, carry out research in most demanding domains and enables the students to develop a level of knowledge and expertise that allows them to practice independently or collaboratively at advanced level in their field of choice. Our academic programs emphasize student/faculty interaction and timely completion of the degree. We take pride in offering quality education at affordable cost and strong service to our students. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Attached here you will find 'A Brief Guide for Prospective GSESIT Students' that will facilitate you in knowing more about Graduate School of Engineering Sciences & Information Technology and its degree program offerings. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Your positive response to this e-mail would trigger our Student Care Management team to take personal care to see you through a seamless joining at Graduate School of Engineering Sciences & Information Technology for a degree program of your choice. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"We would like to be with you all the way…. and wish you the best in your academic pursuits. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Keep connected to GSESIT via www.facebook.com/gsesit and www.twitter.com/gsesit or send a message from your mobile containing text " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"follow @gsesit " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"to 40404 " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"for receiving updates about programs held at GSESIT. " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"For any further information feel free to contact me. "

SigString = Environ("appdata") & _
"\Microsoft\Signatures\Babar.txt"

If Dir(SigString) <> "" Then
Signature = GetBoiler(SigString)
Else
Signature = ""
End If
On Error Resume Next
With OutMail
.To = cell.Value
.Subject = "Admission at Hamdard University"
.CC = "iqbal.khan22@hamdard.edu; babar.riaz@hamdard.edu"
.Body = strbody & vbNewLine & Signature
'You can add files also like this
.Attachments.Add ("C:\Users\Babar\Desktop\admissions\Brief Guide for Prospective GSESIT Students.pdf")
'.Send 'Or use Display
.Display
End With
On Error GoTo 0
Set OutMail = Nothing
End If
Next cell

cleanup:
Set OutApp = Nothing
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Function GetBoiler(ByVal sFile As String) As String
'Dick Kusleika
Dim fso As Object
Dim ts As Object
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set ts = fso.GetFile(sFile).OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)
GetBoiler = ts.readall
ts.Close
End Function

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Add the logic like this
AttachPath = "C:\My_Attachments\"
AttachDoc = AttachPath & Cell(A.value) & ".pdf"

With OutMail
.Attachment.Add (AttachDoc)
End with

I'm not an excel macro writer (I do know vba) so not sure of the exact syntax to reference the value of column A but basically you build the path to the document with that value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.