1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

attachment twilight zone

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gracielou, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracielou

gracielou Thread Starter

I am having trouble retreiving e-mail attachments. Though I am not great with a computer I use e-mail and receive attachments regularly with minutes, agendas and other necessary information. I have not been able to pull up any attachments in the last 3 or so months. It was always very simple, I just clicked on the attachment sign and the information came on the screen then for some reason it just stopped working. There are a couple of curious facts;

1. I can retrieve anything in Adobe Acrobat
    2. I can try an attachment a dozen times and it won't come up and then for some reason it comes up. Then the next time I try it won't come.

I use windows xl.

When I click to receive the e-mail and get through the virus check I get one of two messages. It comes up in Microsoft Word 2000 and then says;

"This file could not be found. Try one or more of the following
    *check the spelling of the name of the document
    *try a different file name."

or

"Could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify that the file location is correct.
    If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed."

Both of these messages are beyond my understanding.

There are other users on this computer (my husband and kids) but they don't seem to have any problems. Of course they are much more computer literate than I am and don't have time to figure this problem out.

I have decided that I will just get a new e-mail account but even that is not as easy as I thought it would be as the sights I have tried don't give me enough information.

Any help you could give me, including a good book with basic information on using the computer, would be great. Even this sight is a little confusing to me.

Thanks,
    Gracielou :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!