1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Attachments disappear in Outlook/Word email merge

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Kevindv10, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevindv10

Kevindv10 Thread Starter

Recently I send out a bulk email for our CEO (ya, that's right, the big guy!?!). I had a mailing list as my datasource, created the document in Word (as my email editor), attached two files and sent it off. However, once the merge was performed and everything was sent out the attachments either weren't on the resulting mass email, or only the icons for the attachments appeared. Simply, the attachments seemed to be stripped off the resulting email.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I've looked on the MS Knowledge base to no avail. I'd really like to be able to explain it to the CEO so I look like less of a bumbling idiot!

Cheers

2. Bigropes

Bigropes

Hi, I don't have an answer for you but you seem to be trying to do the same thing I want to do - send an email/merge mass mailing and include an attachment to the email. When I start in word and do the mail merge/email function I can send a form letter type text email to everyone in a mailing database but I can't figure out how to have each email attach one (the same) document as an attachment. It sounds like you figured it out. Let me know how you did it and i can let you know if I have the same problem you did or not. Thanks

3. Bigropes

Bigropes

Hi, Me again. I figured out that you created the merge from your Outlook program. I was doing it from the Word program and couldn't add an attachment. I tried doing it from Outlook and everything set up correctly but when I did a test the two attachments I had made to the email disappeared - just like you said yours did. I feel like I am closer and can see that the program was designed to allow attachments for mass merge emails. Have you figured it out yet?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!