1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Attachments Info

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by RandyG, Apr 27, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. RandyG

RandyG Thread Starter

I was playing around with the User CP, and found a link at the bottom left that said Attachemnts, so clicked it to find out . . .

wow, there is a complete listing of every single attachment that you ever uploaded, as well as telling you how much server space you have abused (errr . . . used).

Mike, is there an issue with space? I mean, I have 132 attachments, going back to Sept 2001, and using 4.79 MB.

should we delete some of these, or do you want to consider having posts with attachemnts over 2 years old be automatically dumped??

Just wondering, cause I remeber issues in the past with storage space and resources.

and of coursae, I have to attach an image to show what I mean!!;):D

Attached Files:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Nope, it's certainly not an issue. Also, I think we'd having some confusing threads if they were removed.

3. RandyG

RandyG Thread Starter

Ok, I just got a shock thinking about how much actual server space we must use on your systems.

I don't think many people think about it either.

4. hewee

hewee

He hee Randy I am only currently using 107.71 MB to store 1,650 uploaded attachments.
    Now where was that one picture at? :confused: ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice