Attachments open with notepad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bethl

I use outlook express 6, and when i open attatchments, they open in notebook...plus I can't see the pictures. Is there a setting I need to change?
Thanks.....!!!

You can repair Internet Explorer (which OE is part of). What version of Windows do you have?

sekirt

deh

Before you do that you mention pictures. Is this all attachments that open up in notepad or certain types? Or perhaps your really only get pictures in email?
It may be a simple file association that needs to be changed. What is the extension of the files that you are trying to open in Outlook? Do you have any pictures with the same extension (.jpg, .bmp, .tif, etc.) saved on your hard drive? What do they want to open with?

If they want to open with notepad you can right click on the file choose "open with"->choose programs and select "always use to this program to open with file type". The exact process just mentioned varies slightly from operating system to operating system but if you can verify whether it may be just a matter of a file type problem or not we could be more step by step on how to change depending on your operating system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online