1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

attachments show up as string of characters

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cybergrrl, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cybergrrl

cybergrrl Thread Starter

When I right click on an attachment to save it to my hard drive, it shows up as a string of characters and, of course, doesn't save or open. I don't know if it's the software or the hardware but it recently started doing this. I'm using outlook web app to access email from our exchange server.

Here's an example of what I get from an attachment titled summerdraft.xls:
    attachment_ashx?attach=1&id=RgAAAAArqAhAjD7SEZeTAADRGeLeBwDLz9vw2TbSEZeLAADRGeLeAAAACGrlAADVHKkqhohpToFGmyWbDmBSAAAB%2f0slAAAJ&attid0=EAAc20F27zFuQJ8BadrcabUb&attcnt=1

Here's an example of what I get from a voicemail attachment titled voicemail.wav:
    attachment_ashx?attach=1&id=RgAAAAArqAhAjD7SEZeTAADRGeLeBwDLz9vw2TbSEZeLAADRGeLeAAAACGrjAADVHKkqhohpToFGmyWbDmBSAAAB%2fwfqAAAJ&attid0=EABakwyW531sTYRZQrIlxkFw&attcnt=1

I hope someone can tell me what's going on and how to correct it. :confused: Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058444