1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

attachments

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by schnaz, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. schnaz

schnaz Thread Starter

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why I suddenly can't open attachments. I click on the paper clip and the attachment comes up with the same attachment bar but clicking on them does nothing. john

2. rugrat

rugrat

Did you recently upgrade to OE6? If so, open OE6 and go to tools, options security and uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Ensure you are running UP TO DATE virus protection.

Just a thought

PS: Downingtown, to close to Philly for me!!! Lived in Boothwyn at one time :D

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Once you uncheck "Do not allow - - -", you have to close Outlook Express 6x and then reopen it for the change to take effect. You should then be able to open an attachment.

Once you finish, go back and recheck it. It's a good built-in safety feature of Outlook Express 6x that you should keep activated.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips:)

4. schnaz

schnaz Thread Starter

thanks guys you got me back in action. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you but I had to go down to Washington and tell the President a few things. john

5. wcrowder

wcrowder

I need HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Some attachments can't be opened. I get message of
    error. HELP!!!!!!!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice