Attacks on my computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
There are many good data recovery tools, free and paid. Recuva is very famous and free. For advanced users, there is TestDisk, which is also free.

You can use LAN cable and transfer files through LAN to another PC which you can wipe the hard disk clean and use as backup PC.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I cannot get or use any offline storage, because all USB ports are attacked continually.
This means I can't plug in any device to them.
You'll need linux live OS for this while network is down.

Okay, I really appreciate it. I don't know how to do some of those things, like reinstalling an operating system, or reformatting hard drives, but I will try and learn.
You may want to practice first, or get a support person to prevent data loss, maybe one of your friends to help you out.

Do you think there is any way of recovering the data from the computer with the WIndows error, that loops, and won't allow repair?
Yes, but it's not trivial to do, first step is to get enough offline disk storage.

You should really get someone to help you out with all this, support via forums or remote control is not practical nor possible.

Fixing just one computer, or computer by computer is meaningless and won't stop hackers.
Hopefully there isn't hardware malware which would be even harder to deal with.

vvva

There are many good data recovery tools, free and paid. Recuva is very famous and free. For advanced users, there is TestDisk, which is also free.

You can use LAN cable and transfer files through LAN to another PC which you can wipe the hard disk clean and use as backup PC.

Thank you very much. I didn't even know that was possible. Thank you. I will give that a try.
The computer with that error won't do anything at all, except continue in that same error loop. Can you still use Recuva or TestDisk if the computer doesn't allow you access past the error screen? Thank you.

vvva

You'll need linux live OS for this while network is down.

You may want to practice first, or get a support person to prevent data loss, maybe one of your friends to help you out.

Yes, but it's not trivial to do, first step is to get enough offline disk storage.

You should really get someone to help you out with all this, support via forums or remote control is not practical nor possible.

Fixing just one computer, or computer by computer is meaningless and won't stop hackers.
Hopefully there isn't hardware malware which would be even harder to deal with.

Thank you. Yes, I think you are right. I am really not at all skilled in these areas. I am going to struggle.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone technical who can help. I don't even know what Linux Live OS is, but I will try and find out.

Yes, I would like to get someone to help, but because it keeps happening again and again, I don't know how much it will cost.

That is exactly what I have found. When the computers were replaced, it happened again, and then again.
So no matter when a computer has been wiped, and started up again, it goes on immediately after.

I was thinking about a remote service plan, but I don't know if they would be up to dealing with anything like this.

The thing I must say is that you may be running the same software on all computers that were hacked. A favorite thing hackers do is infect one key piece of software that he knows you will continue to use on every computer so that you re-infect yourself every time.

Secondly, could you go to Control Panel > Device Manager to see if any USB things have a yellow triangle icon. That would indicate that the device has problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online