1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Attempting to enable read/write permissions for XP Pro over LAN

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MatrixX, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MatrixX

MatrixX Thread Starter

I'm trying to enable read/write permissions to a folder on a lan but under attributes the read only checkbox is enabled even if I uncheck it, click ok, and reopen the properties window it will be checked again. I think that is why people are telling me they cannot upload.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bhill

bhill

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but can I ask you one? How did you copy the screen shots that you posted with your question. Is it possible with XP pro without buying extra software?

3. MatrixX

MatrixX Thread Starter

Press "Print Scrn" above your arrow keys. Then Go Start run type "mspaint" and once the program loads hit CTRL+V When you want to post it to the web it is recommened to save it to a jpg or gif because it takes up less space then bmp. I don't think IE will even display bmp files.

I however used Adobe Photoshop.

4. bhill

bhill

Thanks Matrix,
    It worked. Good tip about changing from .bmp to .jpg
    Brett

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/105179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice