1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

attempts to access my computer through a remote

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hwnhrt, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwnhrt

hwnhrt Thread Starter

I have had about 25 attempts to access my computer through a remote.

I have the addresses here, can someone that knows more thanme tewll me what is going on.

The local address is 66.53.47.183:2714
    The remote adresses have included...
    81.215.81.237:59086
    81.215.81.237:60006
    69.40.74.145:4013
    69.40.74.145:3756
    69.40.74.145:3923
    172.183.14.251:2364

It has continued to try and access for the entire time I was writing this post. So I just checked the 'always do this action' box, which is BLOCK.

Can anyone tell me what these addresses are, or where they might be coming from?

I haven't installed anything that I am aware of that would need a computer to access mine.

Just wondering why this is happening all of a sudden, since it hasn't happened this persistantly since I have been online.

2. mickylaren

mickylaren

What kind of internet connection do you have? What type of firewall do you have? This may simply be a scanner scanning varions IP addresses on the internet; your firewall served its purpose. You may want to think about sticking yourself behind a router (i.e., linksys cable/dsl router or equivalent). That blocks such connection attempts.

3. hwnhrt

hwnhrt Thread Starter

thank you for your quick reply...

it's actually another poster at a board I frequent who is having this problem. I will post your reply in his thread and direct him here for more help as I am not that good with computers.

hwnhrt :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice