1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATTN: ABHINAV2GOOD...I need your assistance

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by diver46, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

I want to tell you how much I appreciate your sound advice. Everything you told me to do was right on target. (y) BRAVO SIR (y) Now I have encountered a problem. I have copied and pasted your instructions as to where I encountered "a fatal error, system setup has been terminated" "ERROR CODE c:00000000080" there were several other error codes that I failed to write down due to the building frustration. What do you suggest I do now. I am still awaiting a call from MSN's level 2 support from the SP2 sector (lmao) But I am unable to proceed from the paragragh below. It is on the restart that I get a bright blue screen with the fatal error on it.

Note After you restart, the system may lock up with a black screen. (Your mouse will work.) In this case, restart again by turning the computer off and then back on. The second restart will let you to log on.

When your computer restarts, Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) does not run, and the Windows icons and the Start button are unavailable. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to start Task Manager.
    Click File, and then click New Task (Run...).
    In the Open box, type regedit , and then click OK.
    Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs

On the right side of the viewing pane, right-click ObjectName, click Modify, type LocalSystem in the Value data box, and then click OK.
    Restart your computer

2. kronus

kronus

Diver: you'll probably get better results if you continue on the same thread. It's fine if you want what'shisname's advice, just remember there are others who want to help, and have the expertise.

Here is the rest of the thread.
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=1925129#post1925129

If this is an unrelated problem (probably not) you should be more specific as to what the problem is.

3. diver46

diver46 Thread Starter

Thank you Kronus; I will follow those instructions next time. As for the reason for starring a new thread on it. Abhinav2good was the persons instructions I was following and I would prefer to stay with the same "tech" as the advice he had given was on target. From now on I will keep related problems on the same thread. Any advice you may have on this problem would ne greatly appreciated also.
    ~diver~

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice