1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ATTN: Tidus4Yuna - Silent Hill

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by StumpedTechy, Jan 26, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Hey not sure if you saw this or not but I figured I wanted to pass it along.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

I saw the trailer when I went to Underworld Evolutions and for some reason I thought of our Silent Hill conversation.

I actually think they did a pretty good job (though it looks like they took quite a few liberties from the fame aspect) and the special effects look chilling.

2. treespirit

treespirit

Nice link StumpedTechy,
    Parts of that movie was filmed right downtown here where I live.:)

3. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

Nice.....................

4. StumpedTechy

Thanks...

Yeah it looks to be cool I just saw the trailer in the film and the one at the site... I always love when they redo movies of things I have played/been interested in and then I critique it vrs what I remember.

Underworld had Ultraviolet (thought it was a comic spawn at first ala F4, Hulk, Spiderman whatnot) and then X-Men 3 (looks to be cool but then so far I have liked the last 2)., And this Silent Hill (which has some awesome looking animation).

Treespirit did you happen to get to see any of the filming? The closest things to fame I can say I got to do was 1) Radio Flyer was filmed in my hometown when I was younger and still living at home I saw some of the production people around the town durnign filming. 2) I meet George Lucas a few times as he lives right near to the movie theater I used to work at. 3) I was an extra in Stargate (one of the dune scenes) I had all that funky burlap looking stuff all over me and was HOT as hell because parts of it were filmed in AZ (where I lived for a short time).

5. treespirit

treespirit

That's awesome StumpedTechy, Stargate is my favourite show:D And no I didn't get to see any of the filming:( the only day I could have, it was pouring down rain. I would have wanted to see Sean Bean though.:)

6. StumpedTechy

Yeah I love the TV spinoff of the movie. Actually I find Sci-Fi has a nice lineup on Friday nights with SG, SGA, and BSG (which I thought I would hate and never watch after the 3 part miniseries but was very suprised and I watch religiously now). I was happy they took an idea such as the Stargate movie and expounded it to such a vast program that littlerally can have a ton of different stories depending on which worlds they "visit".

I have liked Radha Mitchell in the movies I have seen her in in the past so I am hoping she does well in this. I am figuring betwene her and Sean Bean this should be a great movie though I think this will more revolve around her (if its anything at all like the game).

7. treespirit

treespirit

We are finally getting Stargate Atlantis here on the Space channel, although I hear it's been on in the States for a while now. Bout time I'd say, it's pretty good.:)

8. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

Yes, it has been in the US for 2 seasions I think. I love the Stargate Atlantis series. It was a good addition, even if most of it is a mirror of SG1

9. StumpedTechy

Yeah I think there is WAY too much crossover. I think they are letting Atlantis "crutch" on to the Stargate Series but I think they need to start kind of breaking it away sometime here shortly. At leat I am hopeful :)

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    err...

What silent hill conversation? :confused: :D

11. StumpedTechy

Hahahaha I think I am going crazy. I can't find the conversation anywhere but I could have sworn it was between you and I and you were talking about haveing SH in your avatar. And ejoying the game. Maybe I am making it all up and fantasizing about avatar discussions.... (lock me in the looney bin)

Your avatar is SH related though right or amy I just crazy and its from somewhere else?

12. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Never had a SH avatar. Mines from FF :)

13. StumpedTechy

Okay so I officially did lose my mind. Now I am gonna HAVE to find that post... sorry for the mistake!

*walks off talking to myself and gesturing wildly like a madman*

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you even sure it's from this site? :) I had a quick look and didn't see any posts that you did that would indicate that you had spoken about SH.

15. StumpedTechy

I know so did I and I found nothing even in my past posts.... I looked at the other forums I visit but I know for a fact it would not have been there (they are more "business" type forums). I don't know WHERE I got this idea in my head it was you and more importantly I think its strange as all getup...

*goes to see a psychiatrist*

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice