1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Attune error-HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by pleb123456, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pleb123456

pleb123456 Thread Starter

When I start-up I receive an error message reading "Attune_ST Failed to load tray icon" Please Help!!! :(

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

HelpExpress / Attune (HXIUL.EXE) - Appears to be advertising spyware that displays sponsored ads, e.g. "Buy toner"/etc. messages when you use your printer. No additional information available at this time. Remove by uninstalling "HelpExpress" and "Attune" under Windows' Add/Remove Programs.

does this fit, Attune is spyware/scumware. Get AdAware and Spybot S&D and SPywareblaster, update the definitions and run them.

3. K-Man

K-Man

does this fit, Attune is spyware/scumware. Get AdAware and Spybot S&D and SPywareblaster, update the definitions and run them.

I've been asking about this "Attune" thing elsewhere. I have it on my own computer. Do you mean that I can just delete the whole Aveo/Attune folder? That would end another puzzle for me if so!

K-Man

4. bkpatton

bkpatton

When trying to remove attune, in the add/remove programs, i get a message that says fatal error during installation and doesn't want to let me remove it. when i do a search for *attune* nothing shows up. when i start my computer i get the message to insert disk for attune 2.3.2.................Help, any ideas as how i can get rid of this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273451