1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auctiva needs Active X download, but can't find it

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lucyrae, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucyrae

lucyrae Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , 32 bit
    Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, x64 Family 20 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1650 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics , 384 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 227164 MB, Free - 179094 MB; D: Total - 11207 MB, Free - 1367 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2ABD, A01,
    Antivirus: PC Cleaners, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I have just bought this above computer, and have switched from a Windows XP Home Pro system on my old computer to Windows 7 Pro on this one. I sell on EBay, and use an auxiliary program called Auctiva to transfer pictures from my Kodak EasyShare Software to EBay, as the pictures show up much larger and crisper in my listings. Whenever I try to open the Auctiva now, it tells me that I must download Active X software and it should show up on a yellow banner under my address line. It never shows up, so I cannot use my Auctiva until someone tells me where to find it. I have seen this banner before many times on my Windows XP, but haven't got a clue where to get it on Windows 7. Auctiva has been no help in the matter. HELP!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it is an https site, try adding it to your trusted sites list. Otherwise, try lowering your security settings temporarily to allow the installation.

Also make sure that you are not running any security software or AV that has blocked ActiveX in its settings.

3. lucyrae

lucyrae Thread Starter

I added it to my trusted sites list a couple days ago as instructed by Auctiva. I turned off my pop up blocker and disable my protection, and the bar still doesn't come up to allow installation of active x. I'll keep trying--

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice