1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio and Video driver for Gateway MT3715c needed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Leczy, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leczy

Leczy Thread Starter

Dear All,

My system (Gateway MT3715c) was recently invaded by viruses and I had to re-format the system. The audio and video files were among the affected ones. I searched the net for another download but could not get the drivers for Windows XP, only those for vista are available which I downloaded but it's of no use since I'm running XPPro on my system.

If anyone on the forum know how I can get one, kindly help.

Thanks,

Leczy

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Open Device Manager, then right click an unknown ! or ? device, then Properties, then the Details tab, and finally choose Hardware Ids from the dropdown menu. It should show something like this: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_00000100 for the Sigmatel audio device. Post the information for your device and we may be able to find a driver for XP.

You should be able to find the graphics drivers at ati.com.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support site for the Gateway MT3715c laptop.

It came with Windows Vista (32-bit) pre-installed, so it doesn't list any drivers for Windows XP.

According to its specification section, it has ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphics and Sigmatel high definition audio.

-----------------------------------------------------------

4. Leczy

Leczy Thread Starter

@Frank4d
    Below is the outcome of the Hardware id property; thanks in advance

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_107B0318&REV_1022
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_107B0318

Leczy

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Those vendor and device codes are for Sigmatel high definition audio

--------------------------------------------------------

Do the same for any other entries in the Device Manager that have a ? or ! next to them.

-------------------------------------------------------

6. Leczy

Leczy Thread Starter

@Flavallee

Thanks, I have been to this site early, like I mentioned in my original post, I only saw drivers for window vista.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  8. Leczy

Leczy Thread Starter

Hi Flavallee,

Thanks for you assistance. I downloaded the file but it still did not work with the system. Moreover this is a graphic file, the audio file is not included. Below is the message displayed.

"Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will exit now".

And it exited.

9. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Leczy, since your laptop shipped with Vista and the support page doesn't offer XP drivers, one solution that usually works is to install the sound driver intended for another Gateway computer that was sold with XP, that uses the same hardware.

Here you go: http://support.gateway.com/support/...io Driver Version: 5.10.4647.4&uid=326818650
    You need to unzip the driver file, then run setup.exe from the D00491-001-001\D00491-001-001 folder.

The STHDA.INF file inside indicates that it should work with your HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690 sound hardware. There may be a catch though. If you have XP SP3, it may not install unless we fool it into thinking you have SP2.

Let us know what XP service pack you have, and exactly what errors you see (if any) trying to install this.

10. Leczy

Leczy Thread Starter

Error message displayed is:

"This version of Intel Audio Studio does not support the board detected. For list of boards supported by the upgrade version of Intel Audio Studio, please refer to http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd.

Also the version of service pack 3 on the system is: 5..2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice