Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio and Video driver for Gateway MT3715c needed

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Leczy 
#1 ·
Dear All,

My system (Gateway MT3715c) was recently invaded by viruses and I had to re-format the system. The audio and video files were among the affected ones. I searched the net for another download but could not get the drivers for Windows XP, only those for vista are available which I downloaded but it's of no use since I'm running XPPro on my system.

If anyone on the forum know how I can get one, kindly help.

Thanks,

Leczy

#2 ·
Open Device Manager, then right click an unknown ! or ? device, then Properties, then the Details tab, and finally choose Hardware Ids from the dropdown menu. It should show something like this: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_00000100 for the Sigmatel audio device. Post the information for your device and we may be able to find a driver for XP.

You should be able to find the graphics drivers at ati.com.

#3 ·
Here is the support site for the Gateway MT3715c laptop.

It came with Windows Vista (32-bit) pre-installed, so it doesn't list any drivers for Windows XP.

According to its specification section, it has ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphics and Sigmatel high definition audio.

-----------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
@Frank4d
Below is the outcome of the Hardware id property; thanks in advance

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_107B0318&REV_1022
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_107B0318

Leczy
Those vendor and device codes are for Sigmatel high definition audio

--------------------------------------------------------

Do the same for any other entries in the Device Manager that have a ? or ! next to them.

-------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
Hi Flavallee,

Thanks for you assistance. I downloaded the file but it still did not work with the system. Moreover this is a graphic file, the audio file is not included. Below is the message displayed.

"Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will exit now".

And it exited.

#9 ·
Leczy, since your laptop shipped with Vista and the support page doesn't offer XP drivers, one solution that usually works is to install the sound driver intended for another Gateway computer that was sold with XP, that uses the same hardware.

Here you go: http://support.gateway.com/support/...io Driver Version: 5.10.4647.4&uid=326818650
You need to unzip the driver file, then run setup.exe from the D00491-001-001\D00491-001-001 folder.

The STHDA.INF file inside indicates that it should work with your HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690 sound hardware. There may be a catch though. If you have XP SP3, it may not install unless we fool it into thinking you have SP2.

Let us know what XP service pack you have, and exactly what errors you see (if any) trying to install this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.